We all know as the nights get cooler and the sweaters come back out, it’s cuddle season. Everybody loves getting under a blanket, putting on some good TV and cuddling up with their partner and with winter around the corner, it’s time we start preparing for things you must do with your partner during this chilly season.
If you’re in a new relationship or a long-term relationship these 10 things can be enjoyed by everyone and they should also get you ready for the best season of them all – winter.
1. Try your hand at making your own Starbucks inspired drinks. Get hold of some cute mugs, some whipped cream, pumpkin spice and experiment! There are lots of recipes online on how to recreate these delicious drinks and not only is it fun but it’s a lot more cost-effective than going to Starbucks every day.
2. Make a fort! Get your favourite blankets, duvet, comforter, pillows and whatever else is squishy and soft and make a fort out of pillows and blankets. You do whatever you want inside but I propose leaving a small hole so you can still watch some TV.
3. Wrap up warm and go on some winter walks. Even if you have to drive to get there, park up, wrap up warm with scarves and hats and get walking! Nature is beautiful even in the winter and the fresh air will make you both tired and cosy later on in the evening.
4. Get baking! Choose from cookies, cupcakes or anything else sweet, stock up on the ingredients, fire up the ovens and get to work. Not only is it a delicious time passer but it will also warm up your house and fill it with the delicious smell of baking.
5. As Christmas gets closer the ice rinks start to open, don’t put it off any longer and get down there. It’s so much fun and will have you collapsing into each other’s arms laughing if you suck at ice skating, like me. You can also usually get some junk food when you’re there which tastes delicious after you’ve worked up an appetite on the rink.
6. No matter where you are in the world usually you can find snow in the winter months and if you drive for long enough you will come across it. Make a day of it and go road tripping to find the snow, once you’re there take plenty of pictures, build snowmen and have a snowball fight.
7. Get a takeout. You may do this a lot but in the winter it’s just better. Order your favourite meals, get comfy and cosy and be happy with the fact that you didn’t have to go out in the cold to get it nor did you have to cook.
8. Do some DIY! head to a craft store and stock up on candle wicks, jars and decorations and set to work on creating your own candles. There are lots of guides online that can help you out with this, choose your favourite winter smell (cinnamon is the bomb) and see who can make the best candle. Will I see yours in bath and body works soon?
9. If it’s close to Christmas purchase a mini Christmas tree and some inexpensive decorations and decorate your room. Put on some holiday tunes, sip on your Starbucks recreation, light your homemade candles and decorate to your heart’s content.
10. If you’re both feeling the cold, bathe together in a hot bubble bath. Add all of your favourite bath bombs, gels and bubbles and enjoy a romantic evening in. Preferably with candlelight, you could even pretend you are snowed in with no electricity!
What are your favourite things to do with your partner in the winter?