Anyone who has traveled with me will tell you I am NOT a light packer. I start with a list of outfits I need (plane clothes, day 1 outfit, night 1 outfit, repeat) and then I bring every possible accessory for each outfit. I have a lot of anxiety about being comfortable, looking nice and being prepared when I travel, so my moto is, “just in case”.
When we went on that short trip to St Louis a couple weeks ago, I brought 3 pairs of boots… and I was SO glad I did! I wore them all and was so comfortable. Therefore I think I’ve figured out the 3 boot styles everyone must have for Fall.
1. The Riding Boot // Chic, classic and goes with anything. This isn’t the most comfortable look, but it transitions nicely from day to night. A simple way to dress up a casual outfit, or dress down a dressy outfit.
1. Factory Intarsia Charley Sweater in Polka Dot by J.Crew Factory // Rag & Bone Jean Denim & Knit Jacket from La Garconne // Carolyn Riding Boot in Amaretto by Sole Society // The Lovelock Tote from Madewell // Koral Skinny Jean 4 Month Blue Black from Austique
2. The Short Boot // The most comfortable of the three, and my new favorite. I’m big into the boyfriend jean, and I love the way I can cuff them and show off my boot, or roll them down and go with a more “cowboy” thing. This is my grab and go workhorse shoe during the fall and winter… the boot equivalent to the flip-flop.
1. Mandy Roll Sleeve Tab Shirt from Forever New // 2. Pod Cardigan from Oasis // 3. Bucasi Tartan Plaid Scarf from Amazon // 4. Sketchers Mad Dash boot from Zappos // 5. Pierre Balmain Stone Wash Cropped Jean from Farfetch
3. The Heeled Boot // This is basically the outfit I wore to that wedding in St Louis. Yes, it was in a campground, so I could get away with this kind of casual style, but you get the idea. A heeled boot easily elevates you (no pun intended) to fancy status without totally killing your feet.
1. Alice & You Black polka dot from Dorothy Perkins // Merona Women’s Chunky Cardigan Sweater in Burnt Orange from Target // TRF Bowling Bag in Mustard by Zara // Tan Block Heel Chelsea Boot from Fashion Union
Now, if you’re crazy like me you’ll get all three of these styles in black and gray… but I’m a shoe horse.
Do you have these three boot styles? Is there another one you would add?