Well it’s happened again. It seems we will be going to a party tonight and not watching a scary movie and handing out candy as I had hoped. Time to throw together a last-minute costume!
But if you are staying in, here are my top 8 classic horror film picks along with their original trailers.
1. Wait Until Dark // Less of a horror film, and more of a thriller, this Audrey Hepburn movie will keep you on the edge of your seat.
2. The Shinning // I remember being completely freaked out watching this in middle school. Might be time for a re-watch.
3. Rosemary’s Baby // Lots of creepiness in this old movie. I always find any horror plot around kids and babies extra scary.
4. Silence of the Lambs // I remember my dad had this VHS and I thought the cover was so pretty and I watched it when my parents were out of the house. Bad idea.
5. The Exorcist // My mom and I watched this one Halloween a few years ago. It’s not as scary now because the visual effects look so fake, but imagine watching this in 1973!
6. Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? // This twisted story about 2 sisters isn’t really a horror film, but is still pretty effed up.
8. Carrie // True story: I had a slumber party for my 13th birthday, and we watched this movie! Debating whether to see the new one or not.