I have been in a few serious long-term relationships, all of them had me head over heels, madly in love and passionate about everything we did together and although they didn’t all work out for the best I have learnt some incredibly interesting lessons and advice that I want to share with my audience.
I hope my advice helps you, no matter the situation you’re in. It could be that you’re currently feeling a little unhappy in your relationship and you just need some relationship advice or you’re looking to spark up something new inside your relationship and you’re looking for ways on how to do that, no matter what it is, I hope my life lessons help you.
1. Communication is key! I know every relationship magazine and blogger tells you this but it’s the absolute truth. If you have a relationship problem, talk about it and don’t just bury your head in the sand! Communicating and expressing your feelings when you’re unhappy is the key to a happy relationship and is something I tell any friend who is having boy or girl troubles.
2. This is a little out of the ordinary of me to promote but ‘spice up your bedroom’ if you know what I’m trying to say. I use this incredible blog called Vorgasms for all of the latest deals, tips and advice in the bedroom department and trust me when I say they have helped me and my partner go from once every two weeks to not being able to keep our hands off of each other every day. If you’re looking for an exact article to check out then all I can say is this magic wand change my life.
3. Keep going on dates, take each other out for meals and try new bars and restaurants for the latest cocktails, food and fun. It will help keep your relationship fresh and you can experience new things together.
4. If you haven’t moved into together yet, definitely have a trial period. You really don’t know someone until you have lived together and been on holiday and now is the chance to jet off to somewhere sunny and see how you both cope being alone together for two weeks.
5. This tip goes back to tip number 1 but if something is making you unhappy, even something as small as him leaving his towel on the floor after a shower, let them know. You don’t have to get angry, just calmly let your partner know that this really bothers you and if they could stop doing it, don’t just put up with anything.
6. Let your partner know how much you love them and how attractive you think they are, this is a huge confidence boost and helps let your partner know just how much you love them. I and my partner do this all of the time and the difference it makes to my mood and confidence levels when he compliments me is crazy.
7. Don’t take your partner for granted and don’t let your partner take you for granted. We have all been guilty at one point or another of not saying thank you when our partner cooks us a meal or never appreciating when they clean the bathroom and this needs to stop. Appreciate what your partner does for you or vice versa.
8. As much as you’re head over heels in love, take little breaks away from one another. I don’t mean splitting every weekend but go out and see your friends alone, watch movies alone and enjoy time away from one another every now and again.
9. Tip number 2 is so important on this list, keeping a relationship alive in the bedroom is of great importance. Yes, intimacy isn’t everything but it counts for something and if you are looking for ways to take it to another level, re-read tip number 2.
10. If you’re unhappy in your relationship, get to the bottom of it. Your partner isn’t responsible for your happiness and if you’re not happy in your love life, you need to find the source and work it out for yourself.